- Post Date:May 28, 2017
- Career Level DispatcherExperience 2 YearsGender Both
Work in a team environment and we are willing to train! Primary responsibility includes the daily On-Time Delivery Performance (OTDP) goals of the customer are met or exceeded.
Ensuring fair and equitable distribution of work, owner operator earning goals are met helping stabilize the capacity needs of the branch. The position will meet these responsibilities by using effective communication techniques and providing excellent proactive customer service to the owner operators
1. Setting the day up for success
a. Verify the total number of owner operators working each day, determine if additional drivers are required
b. Assist and coach owner operators to meet maximum potential while maintaining delivery time commitments
c. Treat all owner operators with respect, fairness and dignity
2. Service excellence
a. Monitoring and confirming the completion of calls; “POD Compliance & Incomplete Orders”
b. Respond within 10 minutes to any callbacks, messages or cancellations.
c. Track all service requests and action accordingly
d. Proactive communication with customer – “Own the relationship”
3. Continuous Improvement
a. Training (on road & off) and coaching as required relating to the owner operators & sorters
b. Keep a log of all dedicated routes to ensure error-free performance and ensure adequate spare pool and back up owner operator pools
Skills & Technical requirements
1. Proven ability to lead a team, achieve corporate objectives and make appropriate decisions
2. Proven teaching ability.
3. Experience in process mapping, process improvement and implementing best practices
4. Exceptional analytical skills; ability to look at situations from multiple points of view
5. Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the business
6. Some accounting experience or knowledge would be an asset to manage P&L performance
7. Maintain a high degree of self-discipline.
8. Excellent organizational skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
9. Knowledge of federal environment, health and safety regulations and the ability to garner buy-in from team members
10. Dispatching background an asset
· Vancouver, BC
· High school or equivalent
· Cross dock and Distribution: 1 year
· Dispatching: 1 year
Required license or certification:
· Valid Class 5
Please answer the following questions:
· Are you in Vancouver, BC?
· Have you completed the following level of education: High school or equivalent?
· How many years of Cross dock and Distribution experience do you have?
· How many years of Dispatching experience do you have?
· Do you have the following license or certification: Valid Class 5?